H-O-R-S-E (Basketball) Tournament
Register online by April 23rd. Tournament begins week of April 27th.
H-O-R-S-E is a fun game that every kid who has a basketball hoop can enjoy! With the mandated stay at home order in place you can
participate in the tournament from your own driveway! All communication will be sent via email from Recreation Supervisor Laura
Fudala. The park district will set the schedule, once the schedule is set, using email you will contact your opponent to set a day/time for your game of H-O-R-S-E (please copy email@example.com on all emails). You will need to use Facetime, Zoom or Duo, etc in order to see your opponent and record your game. Video should be submitted to Laura Fudala at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Age groups may have to be combined depending on overall registrations.
- How to decide who starts out: Take turns shooting from the same spot, the first person who makes the basket will be the person to start the game of H-O-R-S-E. Please announce player #1 and #2.
- Player #1 can take a shot anywhere they wish.
- Player #2 – If player #1 makes the basket, player #2 must copy what player #1 did in the exact same location. If player #1 misses the basket, player #2 can shoot anywhere they want.
- Keep playing through attempting new shots.
- Whenever its your turn if the person before you made a basket you have to copy their shot exactly. If person before you missed, it’s your turn to invent a new shot.
- If someone attempts a shot made by the person before them and they miss the basket, they get the letter H. Each time someone makes the mistake they get a new letter, eventually spelling out H-O-R-S-E. When you spell out the word H-O-R-S-E you lose the game.
1st-2nd Grades 407500-01
3rd-4th Grades 407500-02
5th-6th Grades 407500-03
7th-8th Grades 407500-04