2022 Summer Camp Information!
Registration for Summer Camp 2022 begins in February 14!
You may register online or in-person at the Gary Morava Recreation Center.
Once registration is completed please be sure to visit our website to download the parent handbook.
Every child must have completed emergency forms on file prior to participation in the program.
* New for 2022, we will be using an electronic format, ePACT, for paperwork which can be used for day camp and also other programs such as Kinder Stop and Creative Kids Preschool! Parents will need to create 1 account per household and complete the paperwork once for each child. If you already have an ePACT account from another organization, you can give Prospect Heights permission to have access to your information. Updates/specific questions for each program may be required. More information will be sent via email, via website, and at the front desk at Gary Morava Recreation Center.
Emergency Forms will contain the following information (this is not an all-inclusive list):
- General Child Information
- Emergency Contacts
- Authorized/Unauthorized Pick-Up List
- Allergies (food, environmental, medicine, etc.)
- Medical Conditions
Questions pertaining to Early Explorers, Camp Adventure, Camp Voyager, Counselor in Training, Warm-up and Extra Innings should be directed to Laura Fudala at [email protected] or 847.666.4878
Questions pertaining to Creative & Performing Arts Day Camp, Production Camp, and hot lunch should be sent to Marci Glinski, [email protected] or 847.666.4875
Camp Open House
We will have a camp Open House on Thursday, June 2 from 5:30-6:30 pm the the Gary Morava Recreation Center. We invite you to tour the facilities, meet your child’s camp counselor and ask questions.
About the Staff
Our camp coordinators are seasoned staff members who have been with us for numerous years and are currently pursuing or have completed a college degree. All of our counselors for camps with children over five years of age have graduated high school and show an aptitude towards childcare education. All of our staff is CPR/AED certified.
Important Camper Information
Campers should bring a towel, backpack, sunscreen, swim suit, hand sanitizer, water bottle, and lunch daily. REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS NOON THE FRIDAY BEFORE THE NEXT SESSION if openings are still available. REGISTRATIONS AFTER THE DEADLINE will be charged $10 LATE FEE.
Drop-off & Pick-up Locations
|Early Explorers Camp||
Camp Adventure 5Y-7Y
|Curbside Elm St. Northbound||Elm Street North Bound|
|Camp Adventure 8Y-11Y||GMRC Picnic Shelter-near playground||GMRC-Picnic Shelter-near playground|
|Top Score Sports Camp||GRMC GYM||GMRC-Front Circle|
|Counselors in Training||GMRC GYM||McDonald Ballfield|
|Creative/Performing Arts Day Camp||GMRC – Room 2||Front Circle|
Option 1 – Automatic Bill Pay
- Sign up for all your camp needs.
- You will automatically enrolled in camp billing.
- Cancellations for entire sessions can be made on Fridays by noon before the week of billing.
Option 2 – Pay as you go
Register as you go as long as spots are available. Payment will be due at the time of registration.
- Camp payments are due Mondays prior to the camp week. Example: Week 2 is due Monday, June 7
|Week 1||Time of registration|
|Week 2||June 6|
|Week 3||June 13|
|Week 4||June 20|
|Week 5||June 27|
|Week 6||July 5|
|Week 7||July 11|
|Week 8||July 18|
|Week 9||July 25|
|Week 10||August 1|
- Refunds for full sessions may be given the Fridays before the week of billing.
- All refund requests must be made in writing to the supervisor.
- Payments are not prorated due to vacation or illness.
2022 Summer Camp Registration Begins February 14!
- Camp Registration Form
- Camper Walker Form
- Summer Camp Handbook
- Allergy Action Plan
Notice of Risk
Participants and parents/guardians please remember you are the ultimate decision-makers with respect to whether you or your children have underlying health conditions that may put you or them at heightened risk in public setting and whether you or your children should be in a public program at this time. All participants must comply with COVID-19 related policies (and all other policies), and failure to do so may lead to prompt dismissal for the program or facility.